Where are you based?
The school is based in Glenferness, Midrand, making it easily accessible to the Waterfall, Sunninghill, Lonehill, Kyalami, Beaulieu, Bryanston and Fourways areas.
How long has the school been running?
Arden Academy was founded in 2017 by Leandra van Der Veen, a qualified and experienced Remedial Therapist and teacher.
Are you a registered private school?
Arden Academy is registered with the Pestalozzi Trust and is in process of being registered with The Department of Education.
What curriculum do you follow?
The curriculum has an eclectic approach, drawing from appropriate global teaching methodologies, and is also CAPS - aligned.
Why is your school different?
- All the teachers and assistants are qualified and experienced.
- Teaching methodology is non- traditional and pupil –lead.
- An eclectic, out of the box curriculum, makes teaching fun, practical and relevant.
- The belief is less is more. There is not an emphasis on homework or traditional assessments in the primary school.
- Arden Academy believes that children at mainstream level can be taught with learners that present with learning challenges.
- Class numbers are limited to no more than 10 per class, ensuring manageable teaching sizes and individual attention.
- The indoor and outdoor facilities promote a unique approach to teaching and learning in a country- farm school setting, complete with a dam and abundant bird life.
How big are the classes?
- The Arden Baby section has a low adult-child ratio (1:5).
- The Arden Junior and Primary sections have a low adult-child ratio (1:10).
- Small classes help the children feel secure, nurtured and supported in their learning needs.
What is the profile of children attending the school?
Arden Academy believes that children at mainstream level can be taught with learners that present with learning challenges.
Each learner is taught and challenged according to their OWN cognitive, emotional and physical pace and has an Individualised Education Plan (IEP).
Do you have extra murals?
There is a growing offering of extra murals such as Horse Riding, Art, Music and a variety of sports.
What other services do you offer?
- Arden Academy is committed to developing the whole child and offers co curricular activities during school such as Baking and Cooking, Drama, Fishing and Physical Education.
- There is a growing offering of extra murals such as Horse Riding, Art, Music and a variety of sports.
- Aftercare and holiday programmes are available.
- Assessments and therapies are also offered onsite.
- Vaccinations and baby weighing is provided onsite by a registered nurse.
- A registered social worker facilitates the wellness needs of our learners.
- A daily hot lunch with snacks is available at a reasonable rate to all children attending the school.
How can I get more information about Arden or come for a school visit?
- For enquiries or a school visit, please contact Leandra (076 140 1382) or Sharon (060 965 1585)
- Alternatively email email@example.com
How does the school communicate with parents?
- Arden Academy has an open door policy and parents are encouraged to meet with teachers for termly feedback.
Partnering with families, so that each child can develop to the best of their potential, is essential.
- The Parent –Teacher app (Skooly) facilitates daily communication between parents and teachers.
What is the admissions process?
- There is an initial parent interview and tour of the school facilities.
- Each learner has a trial week in the appropriate section of the school.
- The Upfront Enrolment Fee plus the Annual fee pro rata, secures a child’s position in the school.
- Learners are assessed through a variety of methods which forms the basis of their own Individualised Education Plan (IEP).
- This process is facilitated through a multi-disciplinary approach where all the needs of the learner are addressed and regularly revisited.
What Grades do you offer?
- Classes are divided into Arden Baby (6 weeks -2 years), Arden Junior (3-6 years) and Arden Primary (7-13 years).
- The large premises provide opportunities for the school to grow and to offer exciting high school options in the near future.
What calendar does the school run on?
Arden Academy runs on the 3 term private school calendar.
What spiritual and religious beliefs are taught within the school?
- Arden Academy is a multi – faith and multi –cultural school. Children are taught to respect each other’s religious and spiritual beliefs.